Requirements for a marriage license to be issued in Sioux County.
- Applicants must be at least 17 years of age. You cannot
marry in Nebraska if you are under 17.
- Parental consent is required for applicants
who are 17 or 18 years of age. The
parental consent forms are available at
the County Clerk's office.
- One form of identification is required, such as a
driver's license or passport.
- Provide the full names and birthplaces of the bride and
- Provide the full names and birthplaces of both parents. (including maiden names)
- The bride and groom shall provide their Social Security
Numbers, if they have one. Applicants who do not have
a Social Security Number must complete a form provided by
the Clerk asserting they do not have a Social Security
- If there was a previous marriage, we will need to know
the date the marriage ended. (Date of divorce decree
or date of death).
- Marriage Licenses are good for one year from the date of
issuance. Therefore, they have to be married within
that year or they need to apply again.
- A couple may apply for their
license in any county in Nebraska and use it to be
married in any Nebraska county.
To receive a Sioux County certified marriage
license, send a $5.00 check or money order and the
- Name of groom
- Name of bride (including maiden name)
- Month, day and year of marriage (Must have been issued in
Sioux County for us to send a copy)
Sioux County Clerk
PO Box 158
Harrison, NE 69346
The fee for a marriage license is $15.00.
Certified Copy of a Marriage Record is $5.00.